TVMschools is a privately owned and operated UK website.
What we do
We started the website with one clear objective in mind to offer users a wide variety of tutorials, examples, formulas, calculators, how-to’s and no-nonsense advice on time value of money calculations. We aim to give you the information you need to help you understand and use the time value of money concepts.
How we do it
Whilst there are many places that you can learn about the time value of money, they tend to provide you with a confusing array of information.
The tvmschools.com website aims to help you understand this information by providing the following and more:
- Quick and straightforward practical tutorials to help you understand the concepts of present value, future value and time value of money calculations. A collection of step-by-step lessons covering beginner, intermediate, and advanced topics.
- A selection of how-to guides which build on the tutorials and outline ways in which common time value of money calculations are used in practice.
- Short examples complement the tutorials and how-to’s and help you apply the time value of money principles and concepts in practice.
- Quick guides and cheat sheets for each time value of money formula explaining what the formula is, how its used, and what the equivalent Excel function is.
- Tables are a common feature used in time value of money calculations, they provide a quick method of performing calculations without the need for a financial calculator. We provide downloadable tables in PDF format for the most common functions, including present value, future value, and annuity calculations.
- Our simple to use, free to download, Excel calculators are available for each time value of money function, including PV, FV, IRR, NPV, and many others.
Why we do it
The Philosophical bit … We do this because we believe that business owners need to understand and know how to use basic time value of money concepts in order to be able to operate their businesses. We therefore want to make our knowledge available to all.
To paraphrase an old proverb.
Best is to know, and know that you know
Next best is knowing that you don’t know.
Next is knowing but not realising you know.
and worst of all not knowing that you don’t know
We aim to put you in the first category…
A huge amount of effort has gone into the structure and design of this website in order to make it as helpful, practical, and as easy to understand and use as possible.
The outcome of all of this? We’d like to think were giving every user access to knowledge about the time value of money. Our tutorials help people who want to improve their business. We’re committed to providing a free online resource. So make sure you’re subscribed to our newsletter.
Want to advertise on this site?
If you would like advertise your services or products on this website, please contact us.
If you want to get in touch with us click here to contact us. We aim to answer your e-mails within 24 hours.